Has A Kundalini Spirit Infiltrated Christianity?
by Patrick Ersig
I have been looking the possibility that a Kundalini spirit, possible the main or head spirit, has masked itself as Christian and infiltrated many charismatic circles and is now in full operation down in Florida and has worked in past in Toronto and Brownsville. Here is a compilation of some of my findings – I think the similarities are more then coincidence – what do you think?
Serpent Power of the Awakening Kundalini:
In Hinduism there are several forms of yoga (yoking) which all have the goal of giving the practitioner cosmic consciousness and unity with God. [The origins of Kundalini Yoga (sometimes called Raja or roya Yoga) come from the form of Hinduism known as Kashmir Shavism. This form of yoga comes from the Kashmir region of India and the god these Hindus worship is Shiva. Shiva was the Hindu god represented in the movie “Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom.”
Hindu depiction Of A Chakra:
Wheel of spinning Energy – Kundalini Yoga “the serpent power.”
Sanskrit kund, “to burn”; kunda, “to coil or to spiral”: a concentrated field of intelligent, cosmic invisible energy absolutely vital to life; beginning in the base of the spine as a man or woman begins to evolve in their first incarnation; fed by the chakras along the spine and by the cosmic energy entering through the feet from the earth; as wisdom is earned in each incarnation, this electromagnetic, ultrapotent energy moves slowly upward through the spine; Kundalini is feminine polarity in nature. Sim. (Donning International Encyclopedic Psychic Dictionary, June G. Beltzer, Ph.D., p. 343).
1. Kundalini in English means “the serpent power.” It is the common Hindu belief that within each person resides a “serpent” coiled tightly up at the base of the spine. Through practicing Kundalini yoga, along with chanting, mediation, and an impartation from the guru one can have their Kundalini Awakened. Kundalini Yoga is the “power yoga” of Hinduism. It is the pathway to supernatural power and godhood. Kundalini Yoga can also lead to mental collapse, psychosis, and demon possession or oppression.
2. “Asian cultures have used these teachings of the Chakra System for about 4,000 years and it’s only the last approx. 10 years that this information has filtered into the west. Chakra literally translated from the Hindi means ‘Wheel of spinning Energy’. Within our bodies are contained seven major energy centres. They are located within the body in front of the spinal column and are aligned vertically up and down the spine. Each wheel has a colour of the rainbow and vibrates to a musical note… .” (Inner Star Magazine)
3. Kundalini is at least 1000 years old occult practice. It involves bodily manifestations as a consequence for the “awakening of an individual’s Kundalini” and is related to, for example, Qigong (a Chinese occultic tradition).
4. Kundalini energy is typically described as a powerful energy source lying dormant in the form of a coiled serpent at the base of the human spine. When freed it reputedly has the capacity to effect great physical healings. Christina and Stanislov Grof, New Age authors of the book “The Stormy Search for the Self,” describe how the awakening of Kundalini energy can be triggered by an advanced spiritual teacher or guru. And how the awakening can bring up memories of past psychological traumas. The Grofs state that “individuals involved in this process might find it difficult to control their behavior; during power rushes of Kundalini energy, they often emit various involuntary sounds, and their bodies move in strange and unexpected patterns. Among the most common manifestations … are unmotivated and unnatural laughter or crying, talking tongues … and imitating a variety of animal sounds and movements” (p. 78-79). The Grofs state that “careful study of the manifestations of Kundalini awakening confirm that this process, although sometimes very intense and shattering, is essentially healing” (citing Warren Smith by permission in an article for Spiritual Counterfeits Project entitled “HOLY LAUGHTER or Strong Delusion” (Fall, 1994, Vol. 19.2), p. 14).
Some Kundalini Examples compared to the Lakeland Flordia Healing Revival
- Sri Ramakrishna – An Indian saint
(Kundalini Yoga Guru)
Sri Ramakrishna, [1836-1886] represents the very core of the spiritual realizations of the seers and sages of India. “He daily went into ‘samahdi,’ a trance in which one involuntarily falls down unconscious and enters a rapturous state of super-conscious bliss (ananda), complete with beautiful visions and often involving astral projection. These states could last anywhere from a few minutes to several days and were often accompanied by uncontrollable laughter or weeping. He could send others into this state with a single touch to the head or chest” (unpublished article by John Rice on file at SPIRITUAL COUNTERFEITS PROJECT), (citing Warren Smith by permission in an article for Spiritual Counterfeits Project entitled “HOLY LAUGHTER or Strong Delusion”, Fall, 1994, Vol. 19.2)
Manifestation of Sri Ramakrishna Kundalini vs. Manifestation of Florida Healing Revival
1. Involuntarily falls down unconscious and enters a rapturous state of super-conscious bliss – SAME AS FLORIDA HEALING REVIVAL
2. Beautiful visions and often involving astral projection – SAME AS FLORIDA HEALING REVIVAL
3. Accompanied by uncontrollable laughter or weeping – SAME AS FLORIDA HEALING REVIVAL
4. He could send others into this state with a single touch to the head or chest” – SAME AS FLORIDA HEALING REVIVAL
Swami Muktananda – (Kundalini Yoga Guru)
Began living as a sadhu, a mendicant in search of spiritual fulfillment, at an unusually early age. Though as a young man he gained renown for his yogic attainments, Swami Muktananda often said that his spiritual journey didn’t truly begin until 1947, when he received shaktipat, spiritual initiation, from the holy man Bhagawan Nityananda. It was then that his spiritual energy, kundalini, was awakened and he was drawn into profound states of meditation. In the 1970s, on his guru’s behalf, Swami Muktananda brought the venerable tradition of his master’s lineage to the West, giving the previously little-known shaktipat initiation he himself had received to untold thousands of spiritual seekers. Before his death, in 1982, Swami Muktananda wrote many books; sixteen are still in print. He also established more than six hundred meditation centers and several ashrams around the world. His work, through the auspices of the Siddha Yoga Dham Associates (SYDA) Foundation, is carried on by his spiritual heir, Swami Chidvilasananda. He was the disciple of Nityananda and in 1947 he received his impartation of power from Nityananda. Nityananda was called Gurudev and was seen as a Jivan-Mutki or liberated one, and thus worthy of worship as a god. This too is what Muktananda became to millions.
What to expect in Swami Muktananda revival meeting compared with what we see in the Florida Healing Revival:
“I understood nothing about the various experiences such as the vision of dissolution and the radiant light that had come to me on the first day. Only afterwards did I learn that they were all part of a process pertaining to shaktipat (the divine power-touch of the guru). Shaktipat is simply another name for the full grace of the supreme guru. This as the awakening process of the kundalini – the serpent-like energy the yogis believe is curled at the base of the spine. And its rising upwards can only be handled by a well-initiated adept, driving most people irretrievably mad should they even get a mild taste of it. Sometimes I would jump and hope like a frog, and sometimes my limbs would shake violently as though shaken by a deity. The goddess of consciousness, and was shaking me with his inner shatki (power). This power of the gurus grace enters the disciples body in a subtle form and does many great things. SAME AS FLORIDA HEALING REVIVAL
Sometimes my body would writhe and twist like a snake’s while a hissing sound would come from inside me. Sometimes my neck moved so violently that it made loud cracking sounds. SAME AS FLORIDA HEALING REVIVAL
Muktanada was given the ability to know past and future events SAME AS FLORIDA HEALING REVIVAL
Muktanada was “slain in the spirit” SAME AS FLORIDA HEALING REVIVAL
Muktanada gave his grace away to his followers through shatkipat initiation laying on of hands. SAME AS FLORIDA HEALING REVIVAL
“Muktanada’s impact was overwhelming. He was fierce with energy. People vibrated in his energy field as he threw out waves of power into the audience, thunderbolts of shatkipat through gesture and powerful gazes.” (Tal Brooke, Riders of the Cosmic Circuit. pg. 5Cool SAME AS FLORIDA HEALING REVIVAL
“For the next three days my body was pulsating with the energy that surged through it. I laughed ecstatically, wept with happiness, felt energetic enough to hold the universe in my hand, (Tal Brooke, Riders of the Cosmic Circuit. pg. 6Cool SAME AS FLORIDA HEALING REVIVAL
“(physical touch)… . various physical and emotional manifestations. Manifestations included uncontrollable laughing, roaring, barking, hissing, crying, shaking, etc. Some devotees became mute or unconscious. Many felt themselves being infused with feelings of great joy and peace and love. At other times the “fire” … was so overwhelming they would find themselves involuntarily hyperventilating to cool themselves down…. (Spiritual Counterfeits Project) SAME AS FLORIDA HEALING REVIVAL
Bhagwan Shree Rajneesh – (Kundalini Yoga Guru)
(11 Dec. 1931 – 19 Jan. 1990)
1. Osho, formerly often referred to as Rejneeshism, was founded by Bhagwan Shree Rajneesh (1931-1990). He was born Rajneesh Chandra Mohan in Kuchwara, a town in central India. One source states that “Bhagwan” means “God” and that “Shree” means “Master”. He was raised in the Jainism faith as a child. He received “samadhi” (enlightenment in which his soul became one with the universe) on 21 March 1953 at the age of 21. At its peak, they had about 200,000 members and 600 centers around the world.
2. His followers practiced meditation, chanting, naturism, primal screaming, extreme forms of violent exercise, shouting a mantra, and free love. These were expected to lead the individual to overcome repression, lower their personal inhibitions, develop a “state of emptiness”, and attain enlightenment. Although most members lived a frugal, simple lifestyle, Rajneesh himself lived in luxury. His collection 27 Rolls Royces, given to him by his followers, was well known. He taught a form of Monism, that God was in everything and everyone. There is no division between “God” and “not-God”. People, even at their worse, are divine. Rajneesh, had a huge following. His goal was to release godhood on a large scale and have his disciples infiltrate the world.
3. By merely appearing to his disciples they would begin to weep and laugh uncontrollably, they would dance, hop, and pass out just by his presence.
4. “Rajneesh slowly moved to his throne, his hands in the namaste prayer position, as he pivoted slowly to face his entire audience. The hush was electric. One could just feel the guards psychically trying to control the surges passing across the audience… Rajneesh’s body was a glove covering a naked force…I felt it with an intensity…It did have a supernatural consciousness–but its origins and flavor were well disguised from this adoring and desperate throng.” (Bhagwan Shree Rajneesh, “Dance Your Way To God” pg. 92)
5. “A bolt of electricity passing through his body. Passing from one person to the next, moving around the circle, coming back to him. The group began shaking violently. It was as if they were all possessed, taken over by a powerful impersonal energy.” (Bhagwan Shree Rajneesh, “Dance Your Way To God” pg. 148)
6. “Suddenly her body was shaking, she was screaming. Somendra was moving around her – touching her on the back of her neck, on the chest, on the belly. As he’d touch her, his hands vibrating with energy, the part of her body where he touched her would begin shaking more violently. Shaking, screaming, crying – she became a dynamo of energy…she was on fire, from the opposite corner they could feel her energy.” (Bhagwan Shree Rajneesh, “Dance Your Way To God” pg. 149)
7. “Many of his Sannyasins would fall to the floor in ecstasy after their encounters with Rajneesh.”
8. “just be joyful … God is not serious … this world cannot fit with a theological god … so let this be your constant reminder – that you have to dance your way to God, to laugh your way to God” (Bhagwan Shree Rajneesh, “Dance Your Way To God” pg. 229)
9. “Bahgvan’s spiritual “wine” was often passed along with a single touch to the head.”
What to expect in Bhagwan Shree Rajneesh revival meeting compared with what we see in the Florida Healing Revival:
A bolt of electricity passing through his body. Passing from one person to the next – SAME AS FLORIDA HEALING REVIVAL
Many would fall to the floor in ecstasy after their encounters with Rajneesh. – SAME AS FLORIDA HEALING REVIVAL
“Anointing” passed along with a single touch to the head. – SAME AS FLORIDA HEALING REVIVAL
Disciples would weep and laugh uncontrollably, dance, hop, and pass out just by his presence. – SAME AS FLORIDA HEALING REVIVAL
Group began shaking violently. – SAME AS FLORIDA HEALING REVIVAL
Laugh your way to God – SAME AS FLORIDA HEALING REVIVAL
It was as if they were all possessed, taken over by a powerful impersonal energy. – SAME AS FLORIDA HEALING REVIVAL
Clearing the mind, Appealing to emotionalism, Anti-intellectual: – SAME AS FLORIDA HEALING REVIVAL
Kundalini and False Revival compared:
RAJNEESH: “God is not serious … this world cannot fit with a theological god …”
RODNEY HOWARD-BROWNE: : “One night I was preaching on hell, and laughter just hit the whole place. The more I told the people what hell was like, the more they laughed.” “The Holy Ghost … might have you do something that no one’s ever done before, and he might have you do something that’s totally unique. But don’t question, and don’t argue, and don’t ask, and don’t try to devise and to plan it out but just follow the prompting of the leading of the Spirit of God and, oh, great and wonderful things shall be done, for God will move in diverse ways and with diverse anointings in these last days.” According to the August Charisma article, Rodney Howard-Browne “disparages” people who “try to apply theological tests” to what he does (SPIRITUAL COUNTERFEITS PROJECT article).
RAJNEESH: “drunk on the divine”
RODNEY HOWARD-BROWNE: “We’re drinking of that new wine. It’s the wine that is divine.”
RAJNEESH: “Rajneesh encouraged his followers to come and “drink” from him.
RODNEY HOWARD-BROWNE: “Take another drink … the bar is open… . Be filled! We loose the power! Have another drink!”
RAJNEESH: “Bahgvan’s spiritual “wine” was often passed along with a single touch to the head.”
RODNEY HOWARD-BROWNE: This same phenomena is typical of Rodney Howard-Browne and Todd Bentley in Toronto and The Florida Healing Revival
RAJNEESH: “Many of his Sannyasins would fall to the floor in ecstasy after their encounters with Rajneesh.”
RODNEY HOWARD-BROWNE: This same phenomena is typical of Rodney Howard-Browne and Todd Bentley in Toronto and The Florida Healing Revival
Kundalini Yoga Manifestations Compared To Florida Healing Revival Manifestations
Energy rushes or immense electricity circulating the body – Same as Florida Healing Revival
Itching, vibrating, prickling, tingling, stinging or crawling sensations – Same as Florida Healing Revival
Intense heat or cold – Same as Florida Healing Revival
Strange activity, and/or blissful sensations in the head, particularly in the crown area. – Same as Florida Healing Revival
Vibrating, tingling sensations – Same as Florida Healing Revival
Uncontrollable Laughing– Same as Florida Healing Revival
Spontaneous vocalization of animal sounds– Same as Florida Healing Revival
Jerking, Tremors, Shaking– Same as Florida Healing Revival
Muscle twitches or spasms– Same as Florida Healing Revival
Energy rushes, electricity circulating in the body– Same as Florida Healing Revival
Postures or moving one’s body in unusual ways– Same as Florida Healing Revival
Muscle twitches, cramps or spasms. – Same as Florida Healing Revival
Mental confusion; difficulty concentrating – Same as Florida Healing Revival
Altered states of consciousness: heightened awareness; spontaneous trance states; mystical experiences – Same as Florida Healing Revival
Psychic experiences: extrasensory perception; out-of-body experiences; pastlife memories; astral travel; direct awareness of auras and chakras; contact with spirit guides through inner voices, dreams or visions; healing powers – Same as Florida Healing Revival
Spontaneous trance states– Same as Florida Healing Revival
Guidance through inner voices, visions, dreams– Same as Florida Healing Revival
Out-of-body experiences– Same as Florida Healing Revival
The occult practice of Kundalini [energy] and the Florida Healing Revival experience are compared. It is disturbing to note how the at least 1000-years old Kundalini and the contemporary Florida Healing Revival movement are almost identical in at least the following aspects:
1.the both involve the very same bodily manifestations
2.the both are distributed by a touch from one already “in fire”
3.the phenomena being very contagious.
4.the bodily manifestations are the very same.
5.the genuineness of the experience is based on identical proofs.
6.the both require the same initial mental conditions for one receiving the power
7.the both consider the transfer of the power to be a central issue and subject to scientific considerations
The Similarity of the Outward Manifestations
Shaktipat means “the descent of power (literally: kundalini)'”. The most common form of shaktipat is a touch by the guru on the individual’s forehead. This is exactly the method that is used greatly to impart the “anointing”, for example by Todd Bentley and Rodney Howard-Browne. This is also the most common way to receive the power.
The Contagiousness of the Phenomena
There is no doubt that shakti is contagious. The mere presence of a single being whose shakti is strongly active can awaken the shakti of those around him. Similarly being in the presence of many people whose shakti is awakened to some degree can awaken one’s own shakti.
The “anointing” is known to be contagious by nature and easily transferred from one to another. John Arnott compared it to a “spiritual virus”.
It also spreads from men to men in macro scale (between towns) and occasionally regionally even in smaller scale (in the midst of a meeting, for example when the members of a group of people keeping another’s by hand fall simultaneously).
The Distributors of the Power
“Anyone on fire” can give shaktipat, i.e. anyone who’s kundalini is already awakened. The more relevant question is: “Who should give shaktipat?”…
Who can give Shakti-pat?: anyone who has received the ability from the guru or one of his disciples.
Who can administer the “anointing”: anyone who has received it from a person already “anointed”
How one receives Kundalini Awakening: Through the laying-on-of-hands during “Shakti-pat” initiation
How one receives this “”anointing””: Through the laying-on-of hands called an impartation by someone.
The Similarity of the Goal
KundaliniKriyas, literally “activities”, are spontaneous movements that occur after kundalini awakening. These include bodily activities such as trembling, shaking and spontaneous yoga postures; vocal activities such as yelling, or spontaneous chanting and mental activities such as visions. These kriyas eliminate the blocks to kundalini rising within the spine or central channel.
The common explanation for the “kriyas” happening in Toronto Blessing meetings is that the God is doing some inward work on the people’s lives and that it results in the outward manifestations.
Also, more generally, that the touch of the power from God results in the manifestations.
So we see that the supposed purpose and reason for the manifestations is — below the surface of religious terms — exactly the same.
The Similarity of the Requirements for a Receiver
The unique perspective of Siddha Mahayoga is that because kundalini is an intelligent force it will, upon awakening, naturally direct the practice of the student. All that is required is that the student completely surrender to this force. As a result of kundalini’s unfoldment spontaneous purifying movements, called kriyas will occur…
In Florida Healing Revival the receiver is asked to surrender to the “power of the Holy Spirit” and to receive the good work (“purifying kriyas”) without questioning. So this is exactly the same initial condition that is required for the awakening of kundalini.
With thanks to the author of this article.
This posting is a follow on to: Rodney Howard Browne – The Great Awakening That Did Not Happen and the Fresh Fire of Todd Bentley.
“Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves. Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes from thorns, or figs from thistles? Even so, every good tree bringeth forth good fruit, but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit. A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit. Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down and cast into the fire. Therefore, by their fruits ye shall know them.”
Possibly Related Posts (automatically generated)